Apparently Little Sister and Main Street are not terribly interesting for you BSC fans, as no one is commenting on those entries. Oh well, we must carry on (which is redundant).

While in a way I do write this for myself, as I have a lot of random BSC thoughtbunnies all the time, it is not diary-type blog. It is a blog intended for a certain audience, and everything I write must address this audience. However much I enjoy watching the guilty pleasure that is Rock of Love every week, I would never write a blog post about it unless it specifically related to the BSC–Bret Michael showing the gals how to give him insulin injections with an orange is acceptable, because it immediately made me think of Stacey. Just writing about how bitchy Lacey is not ok, even though there are some bitchy girls in the BSC books (Cokie, Mary Anne). These connections must be as strong as Mal’s hatred of gym.

And while Main Street and LS related to the BSC–Main Street less so, but still–they do not seem to be terribly interesting to BSC fans. While this is not saying I will not write about them in future, because I certainly will, I want to know what kind of topics you would like to read about the most on Stoneybrookite. Pop culture-centric ones? One that explores the BSC in the context of the real world (such as the Fairfield CT post?)? Snark? Let me know.

Moving on, today while reading Jezebel, I came across a post that focused on the prevalence of black actresses in the “wise/sassy best friend to white girl” role, i.e. Dionne in Clueless. In the comments, someone mentioned Mallory and Jessi. Personally, I don’t think Jessi fulfills this stereotype–maybe in the beginning, but then she evolves into ridiculous dancing robot who thinks everyone is racist. Agree or disagree?

heavenly said, August 30th, 2007 at 8:32 pm

hey, don’t get down on the LS posts! i liked them … just had nothing to say since i never really read those ones.

greer said, August 30th, 2007 at 8:51 pm

I’m glad you like them :)

I’m just trying to make sure I post things that entertain/inform my readers as much as possible, and the easiest way to that, although it is perhaps an inaccurate measure, is to see the amount of comments different posts receive.

bbb said, August 30th, 2007 at 10:35 pm

i’ve been a frequent commenter, hope you don’t think i’m lame ;) i have to say i enjoy the variety you have going on here. very cool to see.

greer said, August 31st, 2007 at 12:48 am

@bbb: you are so not lame:) i love getting comments.

chicken_queen said, August 31st, 2007 at 5:56 am

I’ve loved the Little Sister posts, I just can never think of anything intelligent to comment with. Hence, this is my first comment.

cpennylane said, August 31st, 2007 at 8:52 am

I feel rather lame too, commenting on every post. I like the LS and the Main Street posts. I’m on a long waiting list to get the Main Street books from the library (bizarre, isn’t it?), and really couldn’t comment. But I like reading them. Keep it up~!

chicken_queen said, August 31st, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Actually, I just thought of something .. I’d like to see a post about the graphic novels!

greer said, August 31st, 2007 at 8:23 pm

@chicken_queen: yeah, i’ve been meaning to do one but inspiration hasn’t struck me yet. it’s hard because the stories are the same.

corduroy said, January 9th, 2008 at 5:57 pm

re: race/racism-yes, it is always, ALWAYS pointed out that Jessi is black. however, the author will also say that Claudia is Japanese. I quit reading before Abby was introduced, but I’m sure that every introductory chapter would have to say that Abby is Jewish.