Some BSC fights are lame–see BSC in the USA, entire FF series for examples. Many, however, are awesome. I have compiled a list of my personal favorites.

1. Stacey vs the BSC. I love love love this whole arc. It is probably my favorite in the whole series. While Stacey was kind of a bitch, I feel like a lot of her feelings were justified. Sometimes, you don’t want to spend all your time chasing after bratty kids. It was high time someone in the BSC cracked.

2. Kristy goes psycho over the notebook. Jessi Ramsey, Pet Sitter, has one redeeming feature and it is this fight. Except for the lame resolution where everyone just votes themselves back in the same positions.

3. Don’t tell your sister to get out of your life forever because she might end up deserted on an island. Mary Anne teaches us all an important life lesson in Baby-sitters’ Island Adventure.

4. Mary Dumps Logan. In any of its incarnations. I just freaking hate Logan.

5. Everyone is a huge bitch. Mary Anne Saves The Day wins for this one because no one was being attacked. They all just equally sucked. This book features the first instance of MA’s passive aggressive bitchiness: “Dear Kristy, I’m sorry you’re a bossy know-it-all job hog. I hope you are too.”

Those are my High Fidelity-style top five. What are yours?

john_cusack10.jpg

sotypical42483 said, September 15th, 2007 at 10:37 am

I like all of those except the Stacey ones. MA and Dawn fighting in Wicked Step Sister is really hilarious, I’d probably sub that in. The fight in MAs Make Over is good too but not so much in a funny way, more like a “god the BSC are awful cows” way.

greer said, September 15th, 2007 at 11:18 am

i tend to not like the fights centering around MA. They seem to be the most… i dunno… emotional or painful or something. whereas stacey and kristy just bitch out equally. if that makes sense. for me the MA fights have always been hard to read, especially when they’re between ma and dawn. in ma’s makeover the bsc is so needlessly cruel and ridiculous. i like that book but it just makes me want to throttle the entire club (minus peaceful mal and jessi, of course).

bbb said, September 15th, 2007 at 7:34 pm

1. Stacey vs. the BSC
2. MA Saves the Day
3. Stacey’s Mistake (“At least tell me why I’m an alleged jerk!” “You are not an ALLEGED jerk, you’re an ACTUAL jerk.” heh heh.)
4. Abby vs. BSC in Abby’s Un-Valentine
5. Kristy vs. Abby in Stacey’s Movie

I’m probably alone on 4 and 5, but I just love ‘em!

Coco said, October 22nd, 2007 at 3:04 pm

Stacey vs. Mary Anne in my personal fave book: Boy Crazy Stacey. Stacey leaves Mary Anne to deal with the 8 Pike kids because she actually think she has a chance with an 18 year old!! Also, the BSC vs. Claudia in Claudia and the New Girl. I love how the club leaves evil little notes all over Claudia’s room for her to find. Real mature!

Amanda said, December 27th, 2008 at 3:00 pm

1.MA saves The Day
2.Stacey’s Mistake
3.MA vs. Logan
4.Boy-Crazy Stacey
5.Claudia and the New Girl
I cannot believe no one likes my #3!!!

charmecia said, January 14th, 2010 at 9:33 pm

1.stacey vs. the bsc
2.claudia and the new girl
3.jessi ramsey,pet sitter
4.mary anne and the playground fight(now that one it had nothing to do with mary anne and dawn, it had something to do with that trip to europe, as explained in super special 15)
5.kristy’s worst idea
6.abby’s un valentine
my most personal fav was dawn and the school spirit war
and kristy
and the girls were so mean
and i love
mary anne’s makeover
(even though dawn went too far in that book)
as well as dawn and the family war or something
and dawn’s wicked stepsister too
basically all of them