First, some referrals.

“stacey+bret+michaels”–while i agree that they have a lot of in common–blond, type I diabetes, tight pants, and willing to make out with a lot of people–I’m not sure why you’d google it. Perhaps there is some fanfiction in the works?

“bsc+blog+greer” omg I have real fan/stalker. Awesome.

“biography+ellen+miles”

Who is that interested in Ellen Miles? Peter Lerangis, now that I can understand. I want to know more about him. I know that he visited Russia with Laura Bush and is writing a new series entitled DRAMA CLUB, but little more. I want to know more about my favorite ghostwriter, with his beat-you-over-the-head-with-stupid-puns wit. His writing style reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw’s narration. If you read his BSC books, especially the Stacey ones, hearing it in your mind with Sarah Jessica Parker’s voice, it sounds so right, it’s wrong. I also am convinced he is a homosexual, which makes his descriptions of how attractive the BSC girls less creepy.

I would really like to read “Drama Club,” even though I think theater people are really annoying. I would like to see if Pete’s wit, and fondness for naming minor characters after himself is endemic to all of his work or just BSC, and I can’t bring myself to read his juvenile “thriller” books.

Question: Does anyone who reads this blog like baby-sitting? I personally would prefer a visit to the dentist or taking a math test or waiting in line at airport security to baby-sitting. I thought it was weird that Dawn liked baby-sitting but was not so interested in having kids of her own, because I find that most people hate all kids but their own–although Dawn’s lifestyle choices are totally valid and everything. Perhaps Ann was addressing a question that must have come up, and came to my mind while I was reading the books as a kid–how could someone who was such a baby-sitting expert not ever have kids of her own? Speaking of Ann, there is a new “Letter From Ann” at her site where she talks about how she drove to Michigan instead of flying so she could travel with her dog. She has moved on from being a Cat Lady to a Dog Person. There is a weird clip of her playing with Sadie here.

Opinions? Questions? Comments? Do you also think Peter Lerangis is gay?

UPDATE: Sharp-eyed reader Myu pointed me to a Scholasitc bio which states that Peter is married (to a woman) and has two children. But c’mon, “working as a singing waiter in Nantucket”? It is easy to see how I made this mistake.

puck said, October 8th, 2007 at 7:46 pm

i think the bsc+blog+greer might have been me, when greer came up at the bsc lj and i referenced you? i may have been too lazy to check all of the bsc blogs i read to see which of them had a greer as an author. :D

myu said, October 9th, 2007 at 2:55 pm

From Lerangis’ Scholastic profile:

“Lerangis lives in New York City with his wife…and their two children.”

Possibly not a (n out and proud) homosexual, then.
Babysitting is probably next to “take a bath in sulphuric acid” in my list of Things I Don’t Want To Do. I don’t want to have children of my own, either. Maybe Dawn’s a fan of the ‘at the end of the day you can give them back’ concept.

chicken_queen said, October 9th, 2007 at 6:45 pm

I don’t mind baby-sitting. I did it a lot as a youngun, and now I do it once in awhile for my little sisters (though “baby-sitting” means me yelling at them while sitting at teh computer.)

I didn’t know that Peter Lerangis had a new series out. I might like to check it out, the few-page excrept on Amazon was tolerable.

greer said, October 9th, 2007 at 8:11 pm

@myu: DAMNIT. I googled ol’ Petey but that scholastic bio didn’t come up. I guess I will have to amend my post. I really liked the idea of Ann and Peter working together, healing that rift between lesbians and gays that has sprung up over the decades.

myu said, October 10th, 2007 at 4:51 am

Ha ha, I thought exactly the same thing about the singing waiter job.
Re. Ann’s page – really, how can it be possible to write SO MUCH boring drivel about her bloody dog? Does anyone care?

bbb said, October 10th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Oh wow, I want to read Drama Club too. Lerangis was my favorite ghostwriter.

wanderingfrog said, October 10th, 2007 at 11:21 pm

I had *hoped* he was gay because, as you said, it makes him seem less creepy.

Sue said, October 21st, 2007 at 1:08 am

This blog’s information is very rich.i very like it

Virjo said, March 15th, 2008 at 8:50 am

i don’t babysit but having friends much younger than you is abit like babysitting, i think… and i like it!^^

Alexis said, May 17th, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I like baby-sitting. I’m a full-time student so it lets me determine my own schedule and charge anywhere from $12-20/hr. And I’m really good with kids so it’s easy (if exhausting). It’s way better than working retail. They nap. And it takes care of any maternal urges I might have. Like Dawn, I don’t know if I want my own kids. (They’re so much work!) But I’m sure in 5 years I’ll change my mind. 30s are coming up.

By the way, this blog is absolutely brilliant. I found it linked from Nikki’s and I’ve been having a great time reading through your posts.