Today I was thinking about how fun it would be to dress as a BSC member for Halloween. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough female friends who are willing to dress up as the BSC with me for the costume to really work. Have any of you ever dressed up as the BSC for Halloween? What did you wear? My ideas:

• Kristy: Easy–her “uniform.” Levis 501s, white tshirt with “Kristy’s Krushers” on it, sneakers, baseball cap (preferably with a collie on it).
  • Claudia: I would just go to a thrift store a get some random crap, maybe some food jewelry
  • Mary Anne: a bit harder… khakis, maybe birkenstock clogs?, a preppy sweater…

• Stacey: Something super stylish, lots of black. I think most people like to go as early, 1980s BSC rather than mid-nineties BSC. So maybe a bolero jacket with shoulder pads. So sophisticated!
  • Dawn: Something hippie. Maybe bell-bottoms and a peasant top. And of course 2 earrings in each ear.
  • Abby: Soccer uniform.
  • Mal: Horse sweatshirt and jeans.
  • Jessi: Leotard, legwarmers, jeans.
  • Shannon: Private school uniform.
  • Logan: Rugby shirt, jeans, stupid look on face.
  • 10 Responses To This Post

chicken_queen said, October 26th, 2007 at 10:53 pm

I’ve been trying to think of what to wear to work on Halloween, and dressing as a BSC member did cross my mind .. except that I don’t think that anyone will get it.

cpennylane said, October 26th, 2007 at 10:58 pm

I’m a little drunk from my pre-Halloween celebration, so let’s home this makes sense.

I would be Mary Anne. I think she is the easiest person to dress. You just need a khaki (SP?) skirt or skort, some mary jane style shoes, knee socks, and either an oxfort shirt with a sweater, or a polo. There’s always pleated skirts and oxfords, and pigtails too.

Or you could buy some fabric from johanns with famous city landmarks and make a famous city skirt. I saw some the other day when i was looking for yarn.

But Mary Anne wouldn’t really be a costume, at least not for me. People would probably just ask about my hair. ;-|

greer said, October 26th, 2007 at 11:31 pm

@cpennylane: hahaha it’s ok i am drinking RIGHT NOW.

next time you to joann’s please take a picture of the fabric! or buy it! and make a skirt! and lose your shoe while dancing!

bbb said, October 27th, 2007 at 12:33 am

I’m cracking up at “stupid look on face.” Mal – red wig and huge glasses? Dawn – your suggestion sounds better than what sprang to my mind – a denim shirt with the tails out, jeans with the cuffs rolled up. Yup, California Casual for you, as so many of the covers have led us to believe!

greer said, October 27th, 2007 at 3:11 am

@bbb: actually your suggestion may be better. dawn rocked the denim shirt often–even her doll had it. i have to say i also had one, tricked as i was by dawn and her california casual ways. i wrote it with nature shirts and black leggings.

puck said, October 27th, 2007 at 7:56 am

at the last babysitters club movie party i went to (why yes, i have been to more than one of these in my life…), i decided that it was a costume party. i was stacey – i crimped my hair and wore black suit pants and an “oversized white men’s shirt,” and my then-boyfriend dressed up as logan (although i tried to convince him to be kristy). he didn’t so much dress up as logan as declare himself to be logan, really.

DSharpe113 said, October 28th, 2007 at 1:59 am

Okay. I might have been the only one in the HISTORY of the world to have done this when I was in fourth grade.
    Right.
    I was a mxiture of Stacey/Claudia since I thought they were sooooooooooooooooo cool. I had this …crazy ass ugly lookign long sleeved shirt, earrings, leggings (of course) and …weird earrings…that were really fugly.
    I was 3 days away from ten..you’ll forgive me right.

DSharpe113 said, October 28th, 2007 at 2:00 am

Oh yeah, I had thick blonde hair.
    I dont know why I just didn’t go with STacey, but I just had to make things compliated.

cpennylane said, October 28th, 2007 at 1:25 pm

@greer! I will, if I go back to that joanns, and I will totally remember to kick my shoe at a teacher next time i go to a jr high dance! ;-)

Virjo said, March 15th, 2008 at 9:03 am

wow… i really want to “cosplay” as one of the sitters but i don’t look like any of them…
    if i dresseedd like claud i’d reallyyy like to wear a tie!^^