Far too long has gone by since my last post. But sadly, I’ve had a lot of schoolwork, a lot of work-work, and also a newly rekindled addiction to Alice books. I haven’t really had any posts take form in my brain lately, so I felt it was time for some housekeeping and randomness.

• In about five weeks I am taking a vacation. I don’t like the idea of neglecting this blog for two plus weeks, so I was wondering if any of you readers would be interested in doing some guest posting. Leave me a comment if you are interested.

• The BSC Wiki has a ton of stuff on it now, thanks mostly to the efforts of Pigeonrat and cpennylane. Over the next week I’ll be making the Complete Guide project data available to wiki contributors, so I expect there will be even more good stuff there over the next few months.

• Just as a general survey question, what are the topics that you are sick of reading about/discussing? For me, it’s definitely the infamous “time warp” and also people posting that they found a shitload of books at a yard sale/used bookstore/etc.
  • 8 Responses To This Post

Rebecca said, November 17th, 2007 at 8:59 pm

When “Mary Anne’s mom” comes back from the grave. I don’t care if a ghostwriter got lazy.

Penny said, November 19th, 2007 at 1:59 pm

I’m also sick of reading about the time warp. We all know about it, why do we keep discussing it. Also, people who post that they found X many books at a garage sale/thrift store/flea market and want praise are annoying me too. Looking for trades is one thing, but simply “I found 10 books I didn’t have! Yaya me!”… I reserve that for my one IM friend who also collects. Mostly because we trade extras.

I’m more tolerable on inconsistencies, if only so I might pick them up better when writing the in Wiki. I am tired of hearing about Mary Anne’s mom though. I mean, there are only so many times we can go over the same mistake.

Penny said, November 19th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

How come my comments never are broken up into the paragraphs that I type in?

bbb said, November 19th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

I get tired of the Jessi’s black jokes (although I guess that’s not a topic per se…but something that comes up so much). The time warp is the biggest thing for me too.

greer said, November 19th, 2007 at 10:54 pm

@penny: i think you have to use HTML.

Penny said, November 19th, 2007 at 11:01 pm

Oh, that makes sense.

wanderingfrog said, December 2nd, 2007 at 10:18 pm

I don’t mind if people post in the Pizza Party! forum on the boards that they’ve found a bunch of books, because it’s a contained space for good news posts, you know they’re going to be there, and you can choose to read them or not. But it can be a pain when someone posts something like that in the BSC LJ.

greer said, December 3rd, 2007 at 8:11 pm

@wanderingfrog: yeah, that’s why i prefer the boards as a mean of BSC discussion–you can choose to read what looks interesting to you.