My favorites never win! Since that’s really depressing, I decided to make my own list of bests/worsts. Feel free to post yours in the comments, or just write about how you disagree with my choices. I’m only going up to where the pageant has, so when more are posted I’ll add them.

Best Kristy Book

Kristy Thomas, Dog Trainer

Worst Claudia Book

Claudia and the Little Liar

Worst Stacey Book

Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook

Penny said, February 9th, 2008 at 8:59 pm

I’m so disappointed about the super special. Snowbound is okay, but it’s never been one of my favorites. I would pick :

Kristy: Kristy and the Snobs

Claudia: Claudia and the Perfect Boy or Claudia and Mean Janine

Mary Anne: Mary Anne Saves the Day or Logan Likes Mary Anne or Mary Anne’s Makeover

Dawn: Dawn on the Coast or maybe Dawn and the Impossible Three

Stacey: I really like Stacey’s Mistake and Stacey and the Bad Girls.. But probably The Truth About Stacey

Mal: Mallory and the Trouble with Twins or Poor Mallory.

Jessi: Jessi’s Secret Language. She’s so much more normal here.

ALL AROUND: Probably the Truth About Stacey — you get Stacey, angst about the parents, new york, laine, and a bsc competition all in one.

Super Special: I really liked #2 growing up, but now it’s probably Baby Sitters on Board.

Worst Kristy Book: I haven’t read them all, so it could very well be Kristy Thomas Dog Trainer. But right now I would have to say Kristy and the Secret of Susan.

greer said, February 9th, 2008 at 10:54 pm

It was hard to choose a worst Kristy book because thinking about it, so many of them just suck.

Laura said, February 10th, 2008 at 4:08 am

I can’t answer these all without having a good think, as I haven’t read enough recently…you are totally right about the sucky Kristy books though. Interesting choices!

My favourite Mary Anne book is definitely Logan Likes Mary Anne. It’s really cute – I like how Logan seems really nice…and it has the famous cities skirt.

Favourite Stacey book: Truth About Stacey. I agree with Penny -plus the diabetes talk actually seems realistic and Stacey seems cool… It’s funny, I reread Boy Crazy Stacey – her next book – and already she seems like a deranged bitch! Stacey and the Bad Girls is probably next in line for favourites though. Good ol’ U4Me and the “prune juice.”

I have a soft spot for Here Come the Bridesmaids, probably because it was one of the first I ever read/owned.

Worst Kristy book – Kristy and Dirty Diapers, mayhaps?

Ashley said, February 11th, 2008 at 8:25 pm

The fifth Main Street book will be released July 1 (after the fourth comes out on April 1) and is called “Secret Book Club” .. And I have yet to get the second book. Way to be slow, Ashley.

Penny said, February 11th, 2008 at 9:28 pm

I got one of the main street books from the library and I was mad because they taped the map down. And I never read it because it wasn’t the first one like I thought it was. :(

greer said, February 12th, 2008 at 3:07 am

@chicken_queen: Secret book club? how random.

Dinah said, March 1st, 2008 at 1:58 am

I totally agree about Mary Anne’s Makeover being the best Mary Anne book. It was so awesome…good Mary Anne/father scenes and bitchy BSC scenes.

Virjo said, March 13th, 2008 at 5:34 pm

the first book of all the sitters are classics. well claudia’s first is kind of a stinker, but Claudia and Mean Janine (despit the reversed title) is awesome!^^

kristy said, April 30th, 2008 at 3:16 am

te best book of kristy is the #95..but it was sad coz they have to break up!! i still think they look nice as a couple.

Claudia_Fan said, February 27th, 2009 at 9:19 am

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but the best Claudia book I’ve ever read is Claudia and Crazy Peaches. I dunno about the rest of the other characters’ books. My favorite character is Claudia.

charmecia said, April 6th, 2010 at 7:47 pm

my favorite claudia book is claudia and the sad goodbye
(even though i was heart broken when mimi died, i loved the bond between corrie and claudia, as well as the tribute to mimi and the mimi stories)
my favorite mary anne book is mary anne misses logan( love the cokie mason/logan and pete/mary anne thing)
as well as mary anne vs. logan
and mary anne’s makeover(dawn was such a bitch in that one, which is why i loved it)
my favorite kristy book is kristy and the secret of susan
because im autistic myself
and i love the hobart boys introduction to the series
as well as the ben/mallory hookup
my favorite jessi book is jessi’s wish
because it deals with a kid with cancer
favorite dawn book would have to be farewell dawn
because dawn becomes a new person
and it becomes the start of my favorite series
california diaries
my favorite abby book is abby in wonderland
cause i love the alice in wonderland theme
and i love abby’s family
and the way the sisters act cold towards each other
favorite mallory book is the all new mallory pike
as well as poor mallory
i like kristy’s big day too
and dawn and the impossible three
my favorite stacey book is stacey’s broken heart
cause robert brewer is such a fucking cheater
as well as stacey’s lie
(the girl lied to her father to see robert and i love samantha young’s beginning in that book)
lol
that’s it for me

Claudia said, July 30th, 2010 at 3:01 pm

best kristy book: Kristy and the snobs, Kristy’s big day
best claudia book: Claudia and the phantom phone calls, Claudia and the sad goodbye
best stacey book: Stacey’s lie, Stacey vs. the bsc, Stacey’s broken heart (stacey happens to be my favorite sitter.)
best mary anne book: Logan likes mary anne, mary anne misses logan, Mary anne and the memory garden,mary anne’s bad luck mystery
best dawn book: dawn’s big date, dawn on the coast, farewell dawn
best mallory book:Mallory and the mystery diary, poor mallory,mallory and the dream horse, the all new mallory pike
best jessi book: jessi’s wish,jessi and the superbrat, jessi’s goal, happy holidays jessi

Claudia said, July 30th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

worst kristy book: kristy thomas dog trainer,Kristy and the copycat
worst claudia book: claudia’s friend
worst mallory book: mallory on strike
worst stacey book: stacey’s secret friend
worst jessi book: jessi’s horrible prank
worst mary anne book: mary anne and the search for tigger
worst dawn book: dawn and the school spirit war