Yesterday I was in an English-language bookstore, and in the kids’ chapter books/YA section (which is all of 2 floor-to-ceiling bookshelves), they had six brand new BSC books for sale. I was tempted to buy one, but I couldn’t really justify paying 10 dollars for a book I owned back in America.

It’s been a fairly long time since the BSC sections in the bookstores I frequent in the US disappeared. Have any of you spotted non-secondhand BSC books lately? Is Scholastic simply selling off dead stock–or are they still printing and selling them but only in international markets?

Ashley said, July 8th, 2008 at 10:27 am

I know you can order some books new on Amazon, but I’ve never seen any in bookstores in a couple years.

Penny said, July 8th, 2008 at 10:35 am

I found a few new books at Bargain Books and Half-Off books. I’m thinking they are selling off the dead stock.

karenbrewer said, July 8th, 2008 at 12:20 pm

You can get a lot from Amazon for only a penny but the shipping and handling is $3.99 so you’re really paying $4.00 for a book.

dsharpe113 said, July 8th, 2008 at 8:44 pm

The half-priced bookstore not too far from me has a TON of them. I was in there about a year ago and got about 8 books. They said there were more in storage, but they didn’t sell much :|

Kylie90210 said, July 9th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I’ve only seen them in secondhand shops, apart from the graphic novels.

Laura @ hungryandfrozen said, July 10th, 2008 at 4:31 am

They’re only in second hand shops in my neck of the wood…and even then there’s not that much and they’re weirdly overpriced ($4 a book?!) There seem to be a lot of the newer edition books going, I like to find the old-school covers if I can…

naomi said, July 22nd, 2008 at 7:09 am

I found some of the newer covers in a Barnes and Noble right after the first graphic novel came out.

wanderingfrog said, July 28th, 2008 at 8:09 pm

I saw a Little Sister book when I was at Zellers recently (#104 or something like that), but it’s been there for about a year without anyone buying it.

rahrah483 said, September 1st, 2010 at 6:15 am

All the BSC books i’ve ever got come from second hand shops

However, i recently noticed some of the re-printed ones at Target (they don’t seem to be selling well, nor do the new SVH ones)

And also, a new Ann M. Martin series that sounds spookily similar to BSC but with different names.