Did you know that Lois Lowry has a blog? So does Meg Cabot. Meg’s blog is very relatable, because she talks about things like the latest episode of Gossip Girl. Tuesdays (or Wednesdays, depending) are often reserved for serious discussions of CHUCK BASS around these parts.

What other middle grade/YA authors do you know who have interesting blogs?

Speaking of Lois Lowry, I have been rediscovering Anastasia Krupnik lately. I think one of the things that make Anastasia books so enjoyable–besides the fact that they’re laugh-out-loud funny, so much so that my mother has commented on it while I was reading on the couch–is that her family just seems so cool. You read it and think, “Now this is the family I should have had!” (Not that I don’t love my family or anything.) Harvard professor dad, illustrator mom, cute and smart little brother… all witty and understanding. Plus, they live in a really cool Victorian house with a study full of Great Books.

Who is your favorite fictional family?

Also, I feel a little harsh in my treatment of Dawn Schafer in my recent post. So soon I will write about what I like about Dawn. She was, after all, my favorite character for a while in my childhood, and there are certain ways in which I really relate to her now.

Laura@HungryandFrozen said, January 30th, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I concur, I absolutely loved Anastasia Krupnik and her family. I’m going to have to try and find some of those old books, because they were brilliant.

Isabel said, January 31st, 2009 at 1:04 am

Lois Lowry = AMAZING. The Giver is of course as great as everyone says it is, and Anastasia is fabulous. but, I have to say my favorite book of hers (and the one my mom always brings up whenever I go on a “YA books can too be good!” rant) is Number the Stars.

Scot Westerfeld whose utterly fabulous Uglies trilogy I’m on the third book of has a blog, too.

greer said, January 31st, 2009 at 11:20 am

I’ve never heard of Scot Westerfeld. :(

Taren said, February 2nd, 2009 at 5:10 am

I’ve been reading Meg’s blog for years now. She’s hilarious.

You don’t have to apologize for being harsh about Dawn. All the sitters had good and bad moments.

whitney said, February 2nd, 2009 at 9:44 am

My girl Courtney Summers keeps a fun blog. And I love Meg Cabot’s.

Kathryn said, February 6th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

My Mom bought me the Anastasia Krupnik books I didn’t have for my birthday last summer and I indulged in a week long re-read of the entire series, chronologically.

The Krupnik’s have long been my favorite fictional family, and inspiration for the family I’d like to create with my fiance :) The other fictional family I’ve always been fond of is Alice McKinley’s family (the Alice Series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor) in the early books: with Ben, Lester, and Alice in Silver Springs and Aunt Sally, Uncle Milt, & Carol in Chicago.

Those are my two favorite families to escape with :)

Loseric said, February 10th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I love reading both Lois Lowry and Meg Cabot’s blogs, especially Meg’s. Judy Blume has a blog too.

And I agree – the Anastasia books are wonderful. Anastasia was just so quirky and real, as was her family. Not perfect by any means, but they were really interesting and fun to read about.

Lauren said, February 21st, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Sarah Dessen has a blog too – http://www.livejournal.com/writergrl if I’m not mistaken.

Gabriella said, April 6th, 2010 at 8:35 am

I have recently started reading Meg Cabot’s blog and I really enjoy it! I’m going to have to check out Sarah Dessen’s blog. I love the writing of both Meg and Sarah!