I like to check out Ann’s website every once in a while. She doesn’t update all that frequently–maybe once every two or three months–so it’s a nice surprise when there’s something new.

It has been updated for April, with a 25 Random Things post. Sound familiar? In this missive, we learn that Ann (gasp!) likes I Love Lucy and salmon–I thought she was a vegetarian? Maybe she just doesn’t eat red meat.

About this list, Ann writes,

If you’re familiar with the Internet (and since you’re reading this online, you probably are!), a lot of questionnaires, quizzes, and polls may have come your way. I’ve definitely seen my fair share of these, but nothing had caught my eye until a friend sent me her “25 Random Thoughts.”

She then talks about how much fun she’s been having reading her friends’ lists. Now, it’s entirely possible that maybe her friends are just emailing her this stuff. But questionnaires? Quizzes? Polls? It’s pretty obvious that Ann has a facebook account. And sits around doing quizzes like “Which Wizard of Oz character are you?” and posting them to her news feed.

Peter Lerangis has a facebook page. And Ann has an official page, so you can be her fan. But I bet that her real facebook page, where she posts pictures of her dog and her latest sewing projects, is hidden. Smart lady, that Ann.

bbb said, April 4th, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I like to check her site for updates too! Interesting that she would never go camping. I can identify with wearing your jeans until they get holes, haha. I think she posted a similar sort of questionaire a year or two ago…the only thing I remember about it is she said her favorite current show was the Ellen DeGeneres show, and she wanted to meet her.

Donica (Blossom) said, April 4th, 2009 at 8:49 pm

I’m so tempted to add Peter as a friend on FB, … and see if he adds me.

baseballchica03 said, April 4th, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Donica, me too! I noticed he has upwards of 400 friends, so you have to think that maybe SOME of them are just strangers who know his work. But I don’t want to be creepy. :-p

ashley said, April 5th, 2009 at 1:51 am

Yeah, I totally added Peter as a friend. I have no shame.

bananabomb said, April 5th, 2009 at 9:22 pm

My facebook says that I have a BSC-centered blog. You think if I friended him, I could get him over to our blogs?

Sadako said, April 5th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Oh, man, bananabomb, that would be so awesome if it worked. I’ve always wondered what Ann M. would think of these blogs…I think it might be too much for her, though.

Pennylane said, April 6th, 2009 at 3:29 pm

So I totally friended Peter. AND i was WAY too excited when I got a message from him today.

Then I read it and it’s like, no you cant’ be my friend, but you can be my fan. Whatever Peter. Whatever.

bananabomb said, April 6th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Whoo! I put in a friend request for Peter Lerangis yesterday and figured I’d never hear anything back. Well, I just got a message from him:
Hi, Heidi! I’d like to invite you to join my new, improved FB page for people I’d like to know via writing, books, media, etc. (instead of the FB page on which you friended me, which is basically for boring middle-aged types from my distant past)! It’s here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=70740223713
It is a closed group, so you have to request to join, which I did. I’m glad I added that corny line about how big a fan I am of his work with Ann M Martin.

bbb said, April 6th, 2009 at 6:56 pm

bananabomb: Nice. Peter was always my favorite ghostwriter.

greer said, April 7th, 2009 at 12:03 am

Ahaha, a secret PL club on facebook. Oooh.

ashley said, April 7th, 2009 at 12:19 am

I got the exact same message from Peter (but it says Ashley and not Heidi, lol.) You’d think that a writer such as himself wouldn’t have to settle for a copy-and-paste message. Not dibble, Petey.

Donica (blossom114) said, April 7th, 2009 at 9:54 am

That does it I’m totally adding him.

Jenn said, April 7th, 2009 at 4:43 pm

You know that someone has to track her down now. She’s probably like Annie M or something lol.

Pennylane said, April 8th, 2009 at 6:15 pm

I was just taking that quiz on which president you are, and my first thought was “i wonder what Ann M Martin got when she took this”. You should find her.

Sadako said, April 14th, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Hey speaking of Ann, do you know about the event, Book Expo? Authors come to this big convention, it’s in NYC this year. And Ann M. will be there this year! (She was there two years ago and I got to have one of her books signed.) So do you think she knows about these blogs or would that be too much for her?

ashley said, April 15th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

OMFG I’LL BE IN NEW YORK THE WEEKEND OF THE BOOK EXPO!!!!!!!!! ..And it looks like she’s only signing autographs on Friday, and I’ll be in NYC Saturday and Sunday. I HATE MY LIFE.