Well, anyone who has been reading this blog or discussing the BSC with me on the Boards/LJ communities knows that my BSC OTP is Mary Anne and Cary. I am actually working on a C/M longform story for Baby-Sitters 100.

Why? I love their interactions in the series, especially in Friends Forever where he helps her out in Mary Anne’s Revenge and when they go mini-golfing in Claudia and the Disaster Date. I am decidedly NOT a Kristy/Cary shipper. I felt like their relationship was based on mutual annoyance with an undercurrent of grudging respect, not that they butted heads due to unresolved sexual tension. (I mean, as much sexual tension as you can have with a fellow thirteen-year-old.)

With Mary Anne and Cary, I feel like Mary Anne brings out Cary’s sensitive side and Cary makes her braver. They complement each other well. Cary is actually a very creative and artistic soul, and Mary Anne would totally understand him. Aww.

maculae said, December 20th, 2011 at 5:21 pm

YES! It’s BSC land Jess and Rory (which I totally mentioned a few posts back).

I could also see both sides of the Kristy + Cary coin. It’s a good thing they didn’t bring Cary into BSC land until later on, because instead of being a standard Mary Sue (or I guess in this case, Pete Black) he was pretty consistent.

ashley said, December 21st, 2011 at 3:40 pm

^I agree, while I do ship Kristy/Cary, I do also see how they could not be shipped. And whenever I read your reasoning, Greer, I totally hop on the Mary Anne/Cary ship.

In short, whomever I ship Cary with can easily be swayed. Did somebody say Cary/Janine?!?! ;)

greer said, December 21st, 2011 at 8:01 pm

@Ashley–I actually could see Cary/Janine! They’re both highly intelligent.

sarish said, January 3rd, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hope you tell me as soon as the fic is done! I want to read it so bad! :)

greer said, January 8th, 2012 at 12:55 am

I posted the first MA/Cary interaction in the community, but it’s locked to non-members.

sarish said, January 8th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Aww! I would LOVE if you would send it to me…. could you? Pretty please?

my email is scbresee@gmail.com

or of course at the boards.

I’d be so happy. :p