My favorite Stacey outfit is far easier. It has always been the kind of out-there outfit Stacey wears to her dad’s dinner in Stacey’s Choice. Now, I think some people might question wearing a leotard to such a fancy event, but I love that Stacey went with something daring and fashion-forward. Leotards are so Edie Sedgwick. Plus, light pink and black is one of my favorite color combos.

Now, the real question–who is your preferred BSC Fashion Plate, Claudia or Stacey? Or do you hate both and prefer Kristy’s “uniform,” Mary Anne’s selections from the LL Bean catalog, Dawn’s California Casual, Jessi’s “I didn’t have time to change after ballet,” Mallory’s desire for glitter, or Abby’s umbros?

Rebecca said, January 11th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I personally love the way American Apparel’s leotards look on me, since I have a slim build (but I’m not a dancer). They are just so impractical though.

LL Bean has some good stuff these days.

sarish said, January 11th, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I guess I’d have to say mine is a cross between Mary Anne and Claudia’s. I’ve always wanted to do something daring with my wardrobe…like Claudia did (although not to that extreme!), but Mary Anne seemed to have a pretty classic wardrobe.

Lately all I’ve been wearing is more professional. I’ve become that person. Guess that’s what internships and RL does to you though. :p

greer said, January 15th, 2012 at 7:59 am

@rebecca: The question with leotards for me is, how do you go to the bathroom?

virgoscorpio said, January 22nd, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I liked the way you described each character’s style and I laughed at Jessi’s.

StarDawn said, July 9th, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I like Claudia’s the most. She was my favorite BSC character and the prettiest in my opinion.

Shey said, June 18th, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I really wish I could whole-heartedly say that my fave is Dawn with her “California Casual” (mainly because I’m from Cali and I like to be as comfortable as possible) style, except that AMM never really describes what that is like. So my casual dress while existing in California might be very different than what AMM imagines Dawn to dress like. Because if Dawn was always showing up to meetings looking like an old-school beach comber,then yikes! Definitely not me.

greer said, June 19th, 2014 at 4:07 pm

@Shey According to the covers, CA Casual seems to be loose-fitting jeans and sweaters or a denim jacket.