You may have noticed that it’s been silent around here for quite some time, and if you know me from the Baby-Sitters Club Boards, I haven’t been around much there, either.

Which brings me to the central question of this post. I am now almost 30, closer to the age that Kristy thinks women should stop wearing bikinis that I am to middle school, closer in age to the clients’ parents than the sitters themselves. When I started reading the series, I was younger than many of the clients.

I still actively read the books when I can. But after around 15+ years in this fandom, I’m not sure that I have all that much left to discuss. I’ve had this site for so long that even when I feel like I have something to say, I can look in my archives and see that I covered that topic already. And snarking the books isn’t really my thing either; a lot of things that others take issue with just don’t bug me, and a lot of the time, it ends up feeling kind of mean-spirited and shouty rather than funny.

So I’m not sure where that leaves this site at the moment. I have been dedicating my time to other projects. I do think I will review Ann’s Mrs Piggle-Wiggle and whatever other new books she comes out with. I actually started writing a post about that with other properties she could retool, but I never finished it. I will also maybe write more about non-BSC children’s books. So I think at this point, it will either be an intermittenly updated BSC/Ann blog, or a more frequently updated blog about the kidlit of my youth in general.

Thanks to all of you who still read this, despite my lack of updates :)

bscag.blogspot.com said, January 6th, 2016 at 6:30 am

I think that’s natural with a series that had its last book published a decade and a half ago: at some point, what more can you say?

But I enjoy reading your posts, so whatever you think of to say, I’ll check in. :)

KCP said, January 7th, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I found your blog last week and spent a number of evenings reading it from start to finish. I very much enjoyed your writing and analysis, and I hope this isn’t the last of Stoneybrookite!

greer said, January 8th, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Thank you! I will still be here; how much I actually post will probably just vary as much as it always has.

greer said, January 8th, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Thanks! I think I’ll just have to expand my horizons beyond the BSC :)

Myu said, January 21st, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I can completely relate to this. We’re the same age and, while I still have fond memories of the BSC, I just haven’t kept up with the fandom for ages (your blog excepted!).
I really enjoy your posts so I’ll keep checking back periodically.

Holy shit, I’d forgotten Kristy said that. I wore a bikini for the first time at age 28. :| Looool…

greer said, January 28th, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Thanks! Hopefully there will be some new things for you to read when you do check back :)

mistrali said, April 3rd, 2016 at 9:39 pm

All good things must come to an end. :) The fandom has never exactly been active, and it’s fine to move on to greener pastures while still retaining the scars, I mean influences, the BSC had on you. :P

Thanks for the blog!

M

greer said, April 11th, 2016 at 8:49 am

It’s always been a smaller fandom, for sure. I suppose there’s just a difference from when we were all in high school and college versus many of us having to arrange sitters for our own children!

Eowyn said, April 21st, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Suggestion for future discussion: Was the Dawn/Mary Anne friendship the only BFF combo that didn’t make sense for anyone else? Kristy and Mary Anne grew up together and there was the whole opposites attract thing. Jessi and Mallory had similar interests and shared an outsider status. Claudia and Stacey shared similar interests and shared an insider status but I just don’t get how Dawn and Mary Anne would be such good friends other than for them to end up as step-sisters in the end. Thoughts?

Kylie90210 said, January 15th, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Everything comes around again at some point… You’ll get your passion back!